Mandatory water restrictions are in effect
for the Town of Telluride. Residents are asked to come into compliance immediately, however, enforcement will not begin until May 15th to allow for a period of outreach and implementation.
The following restrictions apply:
- Citizens are urged to conserve water in every possible way, in homes and businesses.
- Washing of public or private sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, tennis courts, patios or other hard surfaces with municipal treated water is prohibited.
- Power washing of structures with municipal treated water is prohibited.
- Filling, refilling or replacing water in swimming pools, hot tubs or landscape water features with municipal treated water is prohibited. The town park pool is exempt from this restriction. And the addition of water to public or private pools, hot tubs or water features to make up for evaporation is also exempt.
- Noncommercial washing of privately owned cars and other motor vehicles, trailers or boats with municipal water is prohibited, unless it’s done with a bucket.
- Service of water to restaurant patrons is prohibited unless requested by the patron.
- Use of municipal treated water for irrigation of any public or private lawns, gardens, trees, shrubs, plants, municipal fields, golf courses or similar grass areas is prohibited, except for a period of up to 30 minutes before 9 a.m. or after 9 p.m. on certain days. The schedule is as follows:
*Monday, Wednesday, Friday for residents and businesses with odd-numbered addresses.
*Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday for residents and businesses with even numbered addresses.
* Sundays for all residents and businesses.